Oracle WebCenter Portal – Upgrade to Oracle 12c version
Oracle WebCenter Portal empowers your organization by providing intuitive, yet powerful tools to engage users and improve business productivity. If your organization is currently running WebCenter Portal 11g or below, you’ll be looking to upgrade your 11g WebCenter Portal environment before the Oracle WebCenter Premier Support end date of December 2018.
Great news! You don’t have to go through the upgrade alone. Inspired ECM is here to help you navigate the upgrade and get your business up and running on the latest WebCenter Portal version 12c.
What’s New for WebCenter Portal 12c?
- Support for Elasticsearch to search portals and content
- Deprecation of Jive features
- Improvements in the average server response time with less memory usage
- Introduction of caching for query results in Content Presenter
- Accessibility improvements with a focus on mobility; iPad accessibility improved
- Auto-deploy utility
- Support for Hybrid Enterprise Content Management (HECM)
- Integration with Oracle Document Cloud Service
- Migration of a Portal Framework application to WebCenter Portal
- Tablet First UI
- Portal Composer
- Content Manager and simplified content publishing
- Data integration and visualization
- Iterative asset development
- Portal lifecycle
- Simplified security management
- Reduced average response time
- New technologies and standards support
Inspired ECM can help your business upgrade to WebCenter Portal 12c by:
- Performing demonstrations of the WebCenter Portal 12c new cloud features.
- Architecting either a side-by-side or an in-place upgrade to Upgrade to Oracle 12c version.
- Using the upgrade to 12c as an opportunity to explore and educate customers about Oracle’s latest cloud offerings.
- Taking advantage of the new Elastic Search capabilities in WebCenter Portal 12c.
- Migrating customers from Secure Enterprise Search to Elastic Search.
- Migrating Portal Framework Applications from 11g to 12c.
- Upgrading 11g Portlet Producers to 12c.
- Upgrading WebCenter Portal 11g Assets to 12.
- Discussing with customers the deprecated features of WebCenter Portal 11g.
- Upgrading single node and multi-node cluster implementations.
Let Inspired ECM take the hassle and stress out of upgrading, so you start enjoying the new features and benefits now. Contact us today to successfully upgrade to the new WebCenter Portal 12c.